The njoy Pure Wand is larger than life. I’d read rave reviews of it for years before I bought it, and the first thing I noticed was that it was much smaller than I had imagined. It’s like meeting a celebrity and being shocked at how short they are – there is such a charged presence to them, that it’s jarring when they don’t fit your inflated sense of them. However, the Pure Wand, unlike meeting your favourite celebrity, is just as good as it is promised to be.
The Pure Wand has spawned a lot of copycat toys, which is a testament to its notoriety. As far as I know, though, the Pure Wand is the only toy in this smiley shape that is made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is hard, hefty, safe, and sexy. I have a bit of a burgeoning metal kink, and the Pure Wand is definitely helping that take form.The design is simple, but sleek in its simplicity. The shininess is enticing, and can act as an impromptu vulva mirror if you’re in need of that sort of thing. There’s some kind of prehistoric urge that makes us attracted to shiny things, and the Pure Wand is no exception. When you pull it out of the satin-lined box, the first thing you notice is the weight. Having something so heavy that it almost feels imbued with intention is really hot, in my opinion. There’s no forgetting what you’re holding, or what’s inside of you. This weightiness means that the Pure Wand really follows through on it’s thrusts. A slight tilt will feel magnified because there is no give to the metal. I really enjoy how cool it feels against my skin, as well as the heat it picks up after I’ve fucked myself with it. The curve is also ingenious, because it finds my G spot without much help and sticks right into it.
What do orgasms with the Pure Wand feel like? They feel strong, wave like, and broad. After testosterone, I found that my orgasms became more localised. Whereas before hormones orgasms rolled all through my body, I mostly feel them just in my genital area nowadays. However, with the Pure Wand, I can feel the orgasm in my thighs and stomach, a much larger area than usual. They feel like a release of tension, and this release can sometimes be coupled with the physical release of ejaculation. The Pure Wand can also intensify an external vibrator, and I love using it with my Eroscillator for a really unique sensation. I sometimes find the Pure Wand too intense just after orgasm, because even the slightest tilt stimulates my G spot. Orgasms with the Pure Wand aren’t easy, because it is a hefty piece of equipment and take a bit of a toll on my noodle-like arms, but they are easy to make intense. A few well timed thrusts with the Pure Wand can turn a mediocre orgasm into something worth blogging about.
The Pure Wand is less of a sex toy than it is a sex tool. Anything made of stainless steel kind of has to be. Just like you wouldn’t just throw a belt sander around without learning how to use it, the Pure Wand has a serious learning (as well as a literal) curve. It can bring amazing orgasms, but you have to work out how best to bring those about. Of course, this is going to be different for every body, but I have a few tips.
- Don’t use the Pure Wand if you aren’t aroused, because it is seriously intense if you aren’t ready for it. Because arousal enlarges the G spot, it can feel a bit like aimless jabbing if you aren’t turned on. I feel like I’m turning into a salad spinner if I’m not ready to use the Pure Wand, which makes me feel even more unsexy.
- Prop your arm up on some pillows or a thigh, because your elbows and shoulders can tire out easily, especially if you’re settling in for a long session.
- Don’t use the Pure Wand if you’re not ready to put in a bit of work. The neck of the Pure Wand is really thin, which makes thrusting easy, but doesn’t work if you just want to clench around your dildo.
- Scooping motions feel amazing, but soft jiggles or strokes also work well to warm up. Don’t feel like you have to be thrusting with wild abandon just to get something out of the Pure Wand – some of my best sessions have been relaxed and gentle.
- Use shallower motions until you work out where your pubic bone is, because the Pure Wand could (quite uncomfortably) hook into it otherwise.
- Employ a lighter touch when the larger end is inserted, because it’s heavier and covers more surface area.
- The Pure Wand is known as the ejaculation dildo, but don’t feel like you have to ejaculate every time. G spot orgasms and blended orgasms are just as good! The Pure Wand can provide a variety of different sensations, don’t get caught up in creating only one kind.
Of course, the Pure Wand isn’t all sunshine, roses, and ejaculate. It is seriously heavy hunk of metal, and if you have any upper body mobility issues, this is going to exacerbate them. I have a chronic joint condition, especially in my elbows, and some grip issues, and the Pure Wand makes these issues worse, even if I cocoon myself in supportive pillows. It is slightly lighter if the larger end is inserted, because my body supports some of the weight, but I still have difficulties manipulating it. I also only really get use out of half of the dildo. I prefer broad stimulation on my G spot, just like I prefer broad stimulation on my cock, and the smaller end doesn’t provide that. I use it maybe an eighth of the time that I use the Pure Wand. Another thing I find is that the smaller end is more likely to hook onto my pubic bone. Also, for some unknown reason, the Pure Wand tends to make me fart, which is really annoying when I’m trying to put on a show for someone else.
It has to be said, nothing can be assured to give you an orgasm, but there are some toys that are more likely to do so than others. Powerful vibrators, like the Doxy Wand, for example, are more likely to give you an orgasm than weaker ones, like Toyfriend Ticklers. The Pure Wand, I would argue, is more likely to give you an orgasm than any other dildo I own. This dildo is visually appealing, unique, and just works. Of course, if you don’t like G spot stimulation, this dildo isn’t the one for you, but if you do, I think it’s invaluable.
If you’re interested in buying a njoy Pure Wand, you can find one at my favourite stores: Lovehoney (AU, US, UK), Early to Bed (US), Peepshow Toys (US), Good Vibrations (US), SheVibe (US), SheBop (US)